lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] New to Lyceum and Stuck

  • From: Tirso Peralta Camacho <tirso_peralta AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Doug Start <Startd AT ghaps.org>, lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] New to Lyceum and Stuck
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:08:10 -0500 (CDT)

I have the same problem with lyceum 0.33, the installation process is good but when i try to login i got problems, it doesn´t redirect to profile or wp-admin, it just stay in the same login screen, but i don't know what it is

example: this is what i got when i login

www.mysite.com/login?redirect_to=%20wp-login%20

i also have lyceum 0.32 configured the same way but on windows 2003 server and i works fine, and lyceum 0.33 on windows xp and it doesn't work, i also tried to install .32 on windows xp and i have the same problem

Doug Start <Startd AT ghaps.org> escribió:
I am frustrated with getting Lyceum to run on our server box.  I am sure it is something stupid and simple I am overlooking.   Here is my situation and ANYONE who has some suggestions or good documentation can let me know.

We currently have a company website www.mysite.com (just as an example) and we want to set up lyceum for employee blogs on a separate box with a new IP. That box will be configured for subdomains so visitors can visit blogs.mysite.com to register for a blog, or user.blogs.mysite.com to visit a specific blog. This is a windows XP box running the latest WAMP Install (PHP, MYSQL, APACHE).  I configured apache to define the document root (www) and extraced the lyceum install so inside the www folder it has

-+ www
—--+lyceum
—----------+installation

inside lyceum are all standard files and folders.  I have followed install instructions to the "T" and when I go to blogs.mysite.com I get the FTP file list.  When I run the install blogs.mysite.com/lyceum/src/lyceum/wp-install.php then it runs fine and I configure it.

However when I click out to create a blog it just brings me back to the same screen that says welcome to lyceum and I have 3 options (register, login, logout)  Clicking on each option nets the same result.  Can anyone help.  I have reinstalled 8 times and get the same thing.  What am I missing?!?!?!?

Signed Frustrated on the lakeshore.