lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Can't log in as "admin"

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "R. Scott Kennan" <rskennan AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Can't log in as "admin"
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 00:39:31 -0400 (EDT)

what version of mysql are you using? also, find out if your isp supports innodb tables.

--
John
----

On Mon, 8 May 2006, R. Scott Kennan wrote:

Ok, I think I've cornered the problem. Lyceum's not altering the database
it's tied to in any way. The database is empty after Lyceum claims to have
installed.

Is this an issue for you guys or my ISP? They seem to lock me out of some
apparently basic MySQL functions, like deleting a database after I've
created it, or creating new ones except in specific cases. For example, they
(IPOWERWEB) allow me to install Wordpress through their admin interface, and
they create the database <myname>_wp_1 for it. I uninstalled wordpress,
recreated that database (for some reason they let me use that name), tied
Lyceum to it, and went to install. Unfortunately, I run into the problem
I've describe above.

Are there tables I can create manually to trick the system into thinking
it's installed properly? The administration panel for MySQL lets me do that
much.

Please don't assume I know what I'm doing, I just know enough to get into
trouble and read a manual, not necessarily in that order. :) Anyway, thanks
in advance.

-Scott