lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Can't log in as "admin"

  • From: "R. Scott Kennan" <rskennan AT gmail.com>
  • To: "John Joseph Bachir" <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Can't log in as "admin"
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 02:33:27 -0400

Ok, I think I've cornered the problem. Lyceum's not altering the database it's tied to in any way. The database is empty after Lyceum claims to have installed.

Is this an issue for you guys or my ISP? They seem to lock me out of some apparently basic  MySQL functions, like deleting a database after I've created it, or creating new ones except in specific cases. For example, they (IPOWERWEB) allow me to install Wordpress through their admin interface, and they create the database <myname>_wp_1 for it. I uninstalled wordpress, recreated that database (for some reason they let me use that name), tied Lyceum to it, and went to install. Unfortunately, I run into the problem I've describe above.

Are there tables I can create manually to trick the system into thinking it's installed properly? The administration panel for MySQL lets me do that much.

Please don't assume I know what I'm doing, I just know enough to get into trouble and read a manual, not necessarily in that order. :) Anyway, thanks in advance.

-Scott