livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Two-degree target may still cause catastrophic sea level rise

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: dhondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Two-degree target may still cause catastrophic sea level rise
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 00:52:54 +0100

One of the problems with these long range predictions is that they don't take enough account of positive feed back loops Paul. When sea ice melts the exposed water takes up a lot more heath than the ice ever did. And in many permafrost places methane is belching up in enormous quantities.

There was an article in Arctic News a good year ago with good scientific math explaining that the Northern hemisphere could have an extermination event in 15 years time. The Southern hemisphere would have the same 20 years later. I have seen nothing yet that might have me think this to be untrue.
I'm sure we will find out what the truth is in time.
John