livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] exporting fertility=phosphate & potassium import?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: dhondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] exporting fertility=phosphate & potassium import?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 23:23:58 +0100

I think it very unlikely that you would ever have a shortage of phosphate and potassium Laura with the regimen you describe. Sawdust is full of potash, wood ash was always used to make lye = potassium hydroxide in days of old. Plenty phosphorus in leaves and compost.
Unless you see a problem I would not panic.
John