livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greenhouse gas fear over increased levels of meateating

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greenhouse gas fear over increased levels of meateating
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 00:16:38 +0100

At the moment rainforests burn for palm oil and soy more than for cattle. Fracking is killing plants and animals and Fukushima is wiping out life in the Pacific ocean. In short, our planet is being trashed in very many different ways and looking at one tiny facet and thinking that if this were changed things would improve is pure lunacy imo.
There are many places in the world where no human could survive on a locally grown vegetarian diet. I am living in one of them.
John

Greenhouse gas fear over increased levels of meat eating
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29007758