livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Organic Agriculture and Climate Change

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Organic Agriculture and Climate Change
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 15:54:32 -0600

Looking at the actual press release http://rodaleinstitute.org/reversing-climate-change-achievable-by-farming-organically/

Forget regulations; the govt program is DOA far as I'm concerned. The actual organic practices are the key. Organic properly understood is the right way and economically necessary and doable in and of itself. I do it because it works, and go beyond it with intensive methods based on agroecology. The methods are what sequesters carbon - not phony baloney regulations.

paul