livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] pix showing bed techniques

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] pix showing bed techniques
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 20:49:16 -0700

Our snow sheds soon as melting starts, sometimes even in the 20's with sun that warms sides & insides. Shouldn't snow much at our latitude but it's 6200 elev.

At higher latitude your midday sun is lower of course. My pitch doesn't work with that much snow. However, enough inside heat would keep it melting as it accumulates.