livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] new ideas in growing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] new ideas in growing
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 04:57:58 -0800 (PST)

Hope the light bulbs work out well. A lot of stuff is anecdotal, true of life in general I think (was that a meta anecdote?) . Some of the extremes I've seen or read over the years have been more amusing than others.
I have friends who have rituals they follow religiously without ever having done a control or doing any fundamental research. A good part of the world thrives on rumor otherwise there wouldn't be a stock market.

My ego used to have a bigger investment in things, apparently it shrinks with age like everything else. I don't know that much and never have, but I have spent some time experimenting, reading, and even growing on my own. So I thought I knew important stuff (yeah right).

Now I'm just happy when people are interested in something other than sports, politics, cars, college, or the latest fashion.  I'm content just to help somebody plant a garden and decimate some imported ornamentals (I have been promoted to a work animal, a 2 legged draft horse or perhaps an ox). I'm happy to watch them make their own choices, I believe making their own choices (even poor ones) makes them happier (feel powerful or something) .
I like the fact that I don't inject my opinion as often, and ask more questions. I rely heavily on the phrase 'it depends' when someone asks me a question.

Good morning,
pete