livingontheland - [Livingontheland] was Trans Fats Ban

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] was Trans Fats Ban
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:42:32 -0700

I'll just respond all at once :-)

This isn't the piece u referred to but it's recent: http://arctic-news.blogspot.com/2013/11/breakthrough-documentary-exposes-severe-arctic-methane-threat.html
Also Climate Change, Agriculture, & Food Security at http://ccafs.cgiar.org/

Frances Moore Lappe tweeted that In 2013/14 output of grain for livestock expected to grow 4x faster thn foodgrain, tho abt 1.3B people lack calories . Odd I didn't know I wasn't following her but fixed that quick. I'm @NetNewsBuzz with 3,000 following me. Oh and I agree, we can't feed 7 billion NOW, and Frances originally pointed out years ago that the reason isn't lack of food but the system that makes it too expensive and people too poor. (again Livingontheland)

More on Fukushima (since John is not exaggerating):
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/10430590/Decommissioning-Fukushima-how-Japan-will-remove-nuclear-fuel-rods-from-damaged-reactor.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_Daiichi_nuclear_disaster
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/world/asia/removing-fuel-rods-poses-new-risks-at-crippled-nuclear-plant-in-japan.html?_r=0

I recall reading Seymour a few years ago and he was pretty good.
http://www.bookfinder.com/
Title The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live It The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live It
Title The Self-Sufficient Gardener: A Complete Guide to Growing and Preserving All Your Own Food
Title The Forgotten Arts and Crafts