livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Trans Fats Ban

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Trans Fats Ban
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 08:25:43 -0700

Trans Fats Ban Could Have Devastating Effect On Popcorn Industry
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/09/popcorn-trans-fats-ban_n_4245453.html

I suspect what they'll ban is simply artificial hydrogenation. Gov interest in it of course is the fact our taxes pay for so much treatment of the health problems, plus we all pay higher ins premiums for it.

We've avoided margerine & such as much as we can for quite a while but we don't rule out all animal fats. We do eat out but still try to eat as low on the food chain as possible. Plus our fresh market products encourage that. We use meat more like European style for flavoring, since cutting down high meat consumption would free up farmland & resources that now go to feed livestock & extend our global resources further into the future. Maybe even buy time for people here to learn to cook again :-\