livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Warming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Warming
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:07:45 -0600

The recent issue of New Scientist magazine mentions how people accuse climate scientists of exaggerating their descriptions: but we should be very concerned that the worst predictions are the closest ones to actual changes we are seeing, not some kind of 'average' of the various models or papers.

If you search the LOTL archives, you may find that I said, "Think 'Venus', not 'greenhouse'."

Keith Farnish agrees with me that the best we can hope for by the next century is going to be nomadic lifestyles for a much smaller population of humans on this planet; those who will be following grazing herds that can survive on grass. The jungles won't be supporting the luxury of civilization, either. There is only so much you can do on a fruit and bug diet. The sad part is how much of the ecosystem we will destroy on our way down from our high horses (i-horses).

Be as useful as you can for each other, but don't expect any plans to survive for long.

Dan C.
Belgium, WI