livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the Big Lie

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the Big Lie
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 16:31:07 -0700 (PDT)

I do love a garden for the resilience it gives us.

I have to admit that health issues have slowly impaired my income and the economy + repairs made nearly 3-5 months of my business functionally income-free last year, dropping the majority of the household bills and mortgage on my partner.   I honestly think we would have lost the house if it had not been for being able to eat out of the garden that whole time.  It added hundreds of dollars of value in covering our persnickety soy and chem-free diet.  Yet we will not pay taxes on that value, since it was not "Income".

Yours, Pego