livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Get Ready For Higher Food Prices" GoesMainstream

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Get Ready For Higher Food Prices" GoesMainstream
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:15:27 -0700

Besides unpredictable climates the main reason for increasing shortages is
increasing populations which raises demand. Countries such as China with a
growing middle class want more meat which puts even more pressure on grain
prices. None of this can work in reverse, barring an extinction event. I
didn't say that.