livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Get Ready For Higher Food Prices" Goes Mainstream

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Get Ready For Higher Food Prices" Goes Mainstream
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:35:53 -0800 (PST)

Too many strange things in one bundle, but thanks for the article. Probably lots of people have comments, so I'll try to be brief. Every once and a while I'll see something and think, wow, people have no idea how serious or omnipresent relativity can get. On the one hand its great that people have so much latitude to interpret facts as they see fit, on the other its a travesty they aren't able to use their minds in the process. I see more and more of it in more and more areas. Conservationists I respect who tout the use of glyophosphates, geneticists who see patent law as proof of agricultural wisdom, midwestern suburbanites who see content free lives as proof of success. At this rate I am certain the language I grew up with will no longer posses the words I need to relate to it.