livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Transition Lifestyles: Satisfaction

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Transition Lifestyles: Satisfaction
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 14:31:29 -0700 (PDT)

We read.  I like reading and penning the occasional commentary.  I like to garden in late fall, winter, spring but in the heat of summer I start breaking out in our south Texas mug-nasty heat and I start moping over the PC a lot.  We go out to dinner or I cook with friends occasionally but more often we attend book groups and play small games with friends or play music/sing.  South Texas is awfully flat and has been heavily deforested, aggravating a tendency to drought We've made a hobby of building a personal library covering our fictional interests plus homesteading, foraging, woodcraft, computers, art and a number of other topics of our general interest, thinking to someday open a reading room in an intentional community or retreat.  There are a number of things I like to do that have to do with being out in the country but without ready access I'd hardly call them restful occupations.  I like to hike and camp in the mountains and forests and I forage.  Here in this vast urban/'burbs sprawl that is limited to when I'm able to get out of town.

Yours, Pego