livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 10:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

Its intangible and probably not even a word,  but at the same time seems absolutely correct.

" groundedness is what lets you see the cost before it kills you"

I think its something that just isn't available to the bulk of any population. I couldn't say why for sure but I think about it a lot, sometimes with contempt, sometimes just devoid of any comprehension as to why a species would make the choices ours appears to be intent on pursuing. I find dealing with common 'wisdom' an ever more mind numbing experience these days. My instincts tell me the only safe course is retreat, objectively I think there's no safe direction or place to retreat to.