livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 23:29:02 -0700 (PDT)

"Like master, like man"  Our polity is arrainged so that only money really talks, these days.  I certainly have the personal theory that this is part of why we always look at the money and not the small print and people with low wage, no matter how happy a life and decent, intelegent, creative and critical to the functioning of society, kinda written off because of lack of political representation.    When things in the nation suck, they suddenly get some modicum of the respect they've earned but, when the money is rolling around people forget what the money cost.

That is a pretty shallow thing, but it is certainly a reality.  Just like it is hard to keep people from buying at Wally, even when you tell them that every buck they pay a bog corporation gets sucked out of town and causes the town to blead jobs, including their own.  The same business goes on here.  Frank and Sally Dirtfarmer get dissed and the Menendez's are rolling in wealth, fame and power...well, until their alientated, money-grubbing kids kill them in the middle of the night.

Groundedness is not the same as "Overhead"  Overhead is the cost of the life you are living, groundedness is what lets you see the cost before it kills you and destroys your family.

Yours, Pego

<<Well, Pego, that puts the issue in a new light, doesn't it. I'd call overhead "groundedness" Tradingpost Paul>>

<<I think we need to emphasize that the sort of lifestyle we're advocating should not be evaluated in monetary terms.  That would be the same trap we're trying to escape.  ...we should not expect, or desire, the money associated with cubicle life.E. E. "Mitch" > >