livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Emery Mitchamore <emitch@att.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 05:34:28 -0500

I think we need to emphasize that the sort of lifestyle we're advocating
should not be evaluated in monetary terms. That would be the same trap we're
trying to escape. For me, what's important is the sense of BUILDING
something of value. If, through our labors, we build good land, home and
family, cash flow is far less important. It does seem that some cash flow
(at least for a comfortable life), is necessary, for taxes, medical expenses,
etc., but we should not expect, or desire, the money associated with cubicle
life.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.net