livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Experiment in Country Living<Goodchild
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 22:06:33 -0700 (PDT)

The overhead is really the thing

What use in a job or business that clears 500K when living there in the same lifestyle, protecting and educating your kids, and securing your business "Network" costs 550K? Your family seems to be livin' great while you are working overtime and getting congestive heart failure, not to mention a spouse durn tired of seein' the backside of you.

That's always the thing, not just the business overhead but the personal "overhead" associated with that job/place/lifestyle.  That's what these things never seem to calculate in.

If you can find a life that lets your kids grow up reasonably safe and sane, without gang ties and with some reasonable amount of parental familiarity, with enough money to pay ALL the bills and put enough in reserve for home/business maintenance college, retirement and emergencies

Yours, Pego

<<We were able to clear over $30,000 a year during the 3 years we dirt farmed a little less than an acre in central Texas. We were able to clear about $38,000 a year when we switched to aquaponics in an area about 100X100. It was way easier with the aquaponics as everything was waist high, no tilling, very little weeding. >>