livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Farm subsidies database

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan@windwalkerfarm.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Farm subsidies database
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:55:16 -0500

Title: Re: [Livingontheland] Farm subsidies database
Something that isn’t being mentioned anywhere in the statistics is the fact that many people are now being sent home some days because there isn’t work but they are still employed – just paid a heck of a lot less due to loss of hours.  We know several people that this happens to on a regular basis.  We were just talking about needing a shoe repair shop for perfectly good boots that the sole has rotted off of.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Homewood, Kansas