livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fat or Carbs: Which Is Worse?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Aliza Vanderlip <songbird97520@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fat or Carbs: Which Is Worse?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:44:32 -0700 (PDT)

I lived with the Inuit in Barrow - I promise you that you can live well on lots of meat:o)  Caribou, whale, walrus, seal etc.  While they were nomadic they followed the caribou herds and ate meat.  On the North Slope there is maybe 2 or 3 months where the ground isnt frozen and even when breakup comes there is little vegetation - the ground only defrosts for a few inches.  The willow trees were 2" tall in Barrow in the summer LOL  While they did eat berries in season in the lower part of the slope, there was no "gardening".   Weston Price found a whole spectrum of very healthy peoples from mostly all meat to mostly all vegetation but all the healthy ones ate at least some animal products.  If you havent yet read Weston A Price's writings they are worth the read.

Blessings,

Aliza
www.eftashland.com

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman