livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] on Logsdon and the many versions of no-till

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] on Logsdon and the many versions of no-till
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 04:21:57 -0700 (PDT)

Apart from size (gardening or farming), the most significant differentiation
that ought to be made is whether it’s chemical no-till or organic. When
people talk about 35 millions acres under no-till cultivation in the US, I
understand this to mean chemical no-till. There are more than 100,000 tons
of RoundUp being dumped in the ground by no-till farmers every year.

Dieter