livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Coyote Mint

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Coyote Mint
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:00:48 -0800 (PST)

And on that note I went and collected some of the Coyote mint and am cooking it down now. I'm not making a tincture at this point since I don't keep alcohol around (well except for a really old bottle of scotch but thats another story).  Last night I reduced it a little too far down, so I'm recooking it this morning - if that doesn't produce anything I'll go buy a little vodka and soak it in that.

Thanks Laurie for reminding me to take a little responsibility for my suggestions, you're absolutely right. If it works I'm going after hummingbird sage next. I'll let you know what goes down. I'm thinking I should make a little patch and pin it to my shirt in case it kills me, something like 'don't drink the coyote mint tea if you found this note on a dead body' should do the trick.

I do not believe one treatment regimen always works for every person, I don't even trust medical studies as a rule. I think once you hit forty or so and have seen enough of the 'medical science proves eggs are bad'  followed by 'medical science proves eggs are good', along with 'medical science endorses ridilin', 'medical science warns against ridilin', 'medical science thinks ridilin at another dosage will work'  - you start to feel medical science is not much of a science.

Our vets are shocked that the cat with mega-esophagus is still alive, they wanted to kill it 2 years ago. They still claim it should be dead - thanks to the advice I got on this list or OWL its not. My partners fancy GI doctor  appeared clueless when it came to the vagus nerve, apparently they don't teach people in medical school that nerves control a great deal of gastric function. I tried explaining that her calcium levels were 'normal' so calcium blockers might be a poor choice and that metaclopramide was the only thing she'd taken that was working she let me know 'she'd never prescribe it because of potential side effects' and 'she should follow up with a psychologist'. So my friend went back to starving because the fancy research doctor's superior intellect put me in my place. Similar stories were the result of each and every doctor I took her too. A psychiatrist who had never heard of the effects of mirtizipan on gastric paralysis, a G.P. who thought she was throwing up and didn't realize it even after I explained I was with her 24 hours a day and that wasn't happening. I learned what doctors really excel at  is billing, so everyday I check the mail and pile up their bills on her old desk. And when they call and ask for money, I tell them she's dead, and when they ask for proof I invite them to have relations with themselves.  If anything we'd tried (teas, the latest drugs, online cures, diet changes, biofeedback .... ) had given her any relief I'd of literally been on my knees singing its praises, and moved to tears that my 21 year partnership with a unique individual had a chance of seeing 22 years. Sorry about the rant and personal details, if they aren't appropriate here I understand if they aren't allowed.

Going back to check the coyote mint so I don't screw it up this time.