livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] hybrids

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "henry walden" <henrywalden@lycos.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] hybrids
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:16:34 -0500 (EST)

Oh ya that is a fine chili you grow, a fine chili my freind!

Ed

Date : Sun, 07 Feb 2010 17:48:32 -0700
>From : "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
To : livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

A very helpful rundown on the subject, and I can't say enough about Native
Seeds/SEARCH. They're the real deal.

I grow one hybrid, Giant Marconi frying pepper, developed in Italy. I'm not
against hybrids per se but the big seed houses promote their latest and
gratest hybrids right up front - that's where the money is. But generally I
look for varieties that have stood the test of time, preferably passed down
through families for generations. That's the case with our Costoluto Genovese
(or is it Fiorentino?) tomato and some Romano beans from
http://www.gourmetseed.com/category/gourmet_seed.vegetable_seed.bean___snap_pole/
.