livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Becoming a Third World Nation

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie McDonald <lbirke1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Becoming a Third World Nation
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:22:08 -0800 (PST)

This was very enlightening Doug. I keep leaning, on every avenue, towards thinking of aiming for spirituality.

Not to offend anyone. I just wondered what you all thought, and this is off on a tangent, of the recent disaster in

Haiti. I was all geared up to try to help but after Katrina and all the money that was donated and nothing ever came of it

I just could not justify it. I find I just do not trust anyone anymore. To me, the whole health insurance thing was just to

put money in the govt pocket to pay for the fiascos they have already perpetrated, to pay off their debt. It had nothing to

do with giving the have nots health insurance or why would they throw us in jail for not paying.

  I got out my seeds. Some from 07, heirloom dollar store;), lots of flower seeds in those. Then my 08 and 09s, mostly 08

organic- rareseeds(Baker Creek, I love them), lots of variety.

  I was going to start on collecting cow manure from pastures of people I knew did not worm with chemical wormers recently

and then I was told I needed to sift/put through a shredder?? and add to compost. What do you think on that.