livingontheland - [Livingontheland] weevils in beans/lentils?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie McDonald <lbirke1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] weevils in beans/lentils?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:55:33 -0800 (PST)

I rinsed some lentils and beans today and guess who floated up. They are dead but it is weevils. Must I throw all this out or feed it to the animals or would you think it is allright to rinse till they are gone and cook it? I can feed it to the chicken and maybe the wild birds will eat it otherwise. I was lax in getting buckets in time and putting it with DE:(