livingontheland - [Livingontheland] seed starting medium?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie Mcdonald <belynor@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] seed starting medium?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:34:43 -0800 (PST)

I've always directly sowed my seeds and have not alot of experience with
vegetable gardening. In starting our own seeds, must we use potting soil and
if the world gets uglier;), then what would we do, sterilize the dirt
somehow?? Nature does not do these things:). Do all of you have rooms with
lights and heat pads and all that. I'm going to make next week time to start
looking for abandoned greenhouses too:) Well, I have to get a new used
vehicle first, don't want to put new tires on this one.