livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Spiritual properties of sand?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Barbara Money <bmoney9@verizon.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Spiritual properties of sand?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:49:53 -0500

Debbie Mcdonald asked if there were spiritual properties to sand. I have a really good book on the spiritual properties of just about every kind of rock or mineral, called "Love is in the Earth" by Melody. It doesn't list sand, but does list sandstone which is a compressed aggregate of sand, usually found in the southwestern US. It might make a difference if the sand is loose or in an aggregate; there's a really cool type of sandstone in these parts commonly called Puddingstone (also conglomerate rock), which is an aggregate of sand and larger rocks so it's like pudding with big gray raisins. Plus I would suspect the sand properties would depend on what kind of mineral they are from. Beach sand for example can be from several minerals, such as the granite sands of New England or the volcanic pumice sands of Hawaii. I'd guess you'd have to look up each one. :-)

Barbara M
RI

--
"Animals Are A Gift"