livingontheland - [Livingontheland] honey bee

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie Mcdonald <belynor@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] honey bee
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:48:58 -0800 (PST)

Yesterday a honey bee came right up to me at face level and spoke to me. I
wish Pam Montgomery had been here:). It is my most desparing thing that I
long to understand and I seem so inept. I feel it was glad I was back but in
an urgent way. I did not know what bees do with the freezing temps we have
had here for many many days in a row, last week. This week it is almost 70,
raining now from the flow of the California system.
I found a honey bee tree in a fallen tree here the first few months I was
walking the land. It was near sundown and the sun shown through the trees in
a shockingly golden glow it was so phenomenal, and I saw in my peripheral
vision in this glow a circular stirring. I then said OH it is honey bees. I
was later to be made distraught that my bee tree was almost a dead colony.
Something had blackened the hive. I thought they were gone but upon close
inspection, some individuals came out. I do not know what caused this
tragedy.