livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Climate change info

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen@earthlink.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Climate change info
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 13:42:40 -0800

Tradingpost wrote:
Don, I've added that map to my permanent links. I see we're still in zone 6
in NM. It'd be nice to have a similar map showing change in annual
precipitation. We know it's been getting more desertified in this area for
decades. Years ago this was an agricultural county, now nothing grown without
irrigation.
That would be an interesting map. The data is available so maybe someone has done one, maybe at NOAA.
I have a friend in the Ozarks that has kept accurate climate records for the last 22 years. Her records show an increase in precipitation but it is noisy data. She sent me the data for first and last frosts and I did several plots. All show an increase in the growing season over 22 years with the biggest change being the date of the last frost.
--
Don Bowen KI6DIU