livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Question re: Market Gardening

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Question re: Market Gardening
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:05:13 -0700

A good question, Diane, maybe others can fill in some of the blanks. State &
local regulations can vary, but it sounds like the guy was thinking wholesale
distribution and didn't know what he was talking about. At our markets the
regulations apply to prepared/processed food items. To sell baked goods for
example, we'd have to use a commercial kitchen. We don't sell salsa but we
can sell the ingredients to make salsa. And so on.