livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Tomatoes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Tomatoes
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 21:42:38 -0800 (PST)

My 'marvels' grew about 8-10 oz and were like candy. I don't know if thats their usual size but they sure were pleasant. They're an heirloom so I don't know if thats what your looking for or if you think the skins are too thin. Supposedly they are very heat resistant - particularly the zapotecs.

http://www.groworganic.com/item_GHT7_Tomato_Zapotec_Marvel_Striped_Se.html?welcome=T&theses=6506485

I didn't buy from these people, but the tomatoes looked about like the ones pictured.