livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] We Just Need to Learn How to Cook

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Norma Sutton <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] We Just Need to Learn How to Cook
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:17:11 -0500

Granola is simple to make though and the bars are just the loose stuff pressed together  in the pan and baked.  I love making it as I can add what I like and leave out anything I don't.  Honey is a great binder.  My favorites contain dried apples, dried persimmons in powdered form, peanuts, crimped oats, crimped barley when I can find it and a few other goodies.  Makes for a really good breakfast bar when eaten with home fresh yogurt.
Norma

Read the ingredients, every granola bar I have ever seen has
high fructose corn syrup listed as one of the first 3
ingredients. That's why I gave up trying to fine one
without. Kashi >might< make one without, but I'd want to
read the list of stuff in it first. They advertise their
stuff as healthy, and some is, but a lot isn't any better
than the other brands.

Besides, granola is high energy and very fattening. Athlete
types might need it, it's helping make "regular people" fat.

Morgan

--
I now have 3 books available in my lulu store:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=174864

visit our farm site
at:http://www.freewebs.com/sweetspringfarm/