livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] We Just Need to Learn How to Cook

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] We Just Need to Learn How to Cook
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:40:04 -0700

I should stress we don't dictate what people must do or not do. We pass on
information people are free to evaluate for themselves. As for granola, I'd
suggest investigating what's in it. FDA doesn't require listing of all
ingredients below a certain level, and some are disguised by other names,
i.e., msg listed as enzymes or natural flavors and so on.

I question the inclusion of canned foods. Cans have plastic liners with BPA.
I'd keep meat and dairy in the very small amounts category. In the Do Not Eat
list, let's focus on the villains behind the names. Most have high fructose
corn syrup, msg, transfats (that's the hydrogenated oil) or all three. That
covers the packaged and processed items listed below. And yes, that covers
most of what takes up so much shelf space in the supermarkets, and it's what
fills most shopping carts. And what runs up the absurd cost of health care.