livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "The Synergistic Garden"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: David Darr <dsdarr@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "The Synergistic Garden"
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 09:16:55 -0700

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@gmail.com> wrote:
Could this person mean Top setting onions?  I have walkers and we cut them down below the ground, taking a good amount of the white and green part and use it..The root does regrow..

Sounds like a bad translation from French to English if you ask me. It would be interesting to read the original and see what word is being translated as leek. Leek in French is poireau (leeks=poireaux).

David

--
"All things in moderation, including moderation" - Mark Twain