livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "The Synergistic Garden"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "The Synergistic Garden"
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:31:51 -0400

Could this person mean Top setting onions?  I have walkers and we cut them down below the ground, taking a good amount of the white and green part and use it..The root does regrow..

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us> wrote:

> Leeks. . .are cut down to the white part, then left two to three weeks to produce a second crop. Afterwards roots are left in the soil where they regenerate making seed for the following year.

Do these sentences mean anything at all to anyone else? I've never seen
a single reference to eating leek *tops* but eating the tops is the only
thing that would make the above make sense.