livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Crops, ponds destroyed in quest for food safety

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Crops, ponds destroyed in quest for food safety
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:03:18 -0600

Someone should point out tho that if the US collapsed financially the whole
world economy would do likewise and in a matter of minutes, with total
chaos. It almost happened right after the Lehman debacle. We're locked in a
globalized economy now with trillions sloshing around the globe
electronically every hour. Too big to fail was a euphemism; Wall Street
owns this country and several others, literally.

I'm definitely not out to save the world. Not that it wants to be saved in
the first place. Late in life my effort is in promoting community self
sufficiency - partly at least - and focusing on one of the necessities of
life - food. And more to the point, food produced and consumed by bypassing
the corporate chain of farming on credit, selling to middlemen, buying from
corporate China-Marts. After all, most of us are in the habit of eating
three times a day. I kind of like it.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

BTW the Archdruid John Michael Greer is so on target.