livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Crops, ponds destroyed in quest for food safety

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Elizabeth B." <spacecitydx@webtv.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Crops, ponds destroyed in quest for food safety
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:31:24 GMT

It is a depressing article Harvey and seeing as how "misery loves company...." I thought I'ld share it. How do you combat the insanity of this article's magnitude? Didn't the "dust bowl" teach them nothing? Another problem here is having a buyer who purchases more than.... 20% of your business because they can and will, dictate how you grow and raise everything. You can easily walk away from a 20% buyer.

<Harvey wrote> "Madness this organized and this blind and on this scale can only end in Collapse. Maybe that won't be such a bad thing. . ."

I agree Harvey, it will end in "collapse" but the ripple effect would have a total collapse including, I think, social services. I also think that this would be a horrible thing to see happen; aside from the fact that we would then be totally at the mercy of other countries and not just with regards to food.

Elizabeth