livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Hog smell study.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Hog smell study.
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 17:07:14 -0800 (PST)

Its funny I've never found hog manure or hogs smelled on a well managed farm. Of course any small farmer who makes good use of the manure can tell you this, or the federal government can spend 100's of millions trying to think up goofy ways to make industrial farming smell like normal farms. I bet we can all guess where the federal government will head here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090305/ap_on_re_us/pork_for_pigs