livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Farms Heal

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Daniel Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Farms Heal
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:56:02 -0600

Yeah, right.
My broken leg healed after I fell on the ice. My shoulder healed after tendon surgery from farm work. My cuts and scars and broken bones from farming never end. Not to mention the stress.
When I joined the Navy, I was told that working on the flight deck was the 3rd most dangerous job in the world. Right behind mining and farming.

Maybe those vegan commune farms are relaxing and healing places, but I've got a feeling that if I joined one, I'd be getting all the stress when the 'artists' figured out I know how to fix things and make things work.

If farming is so relaxing, how come we don't get free health care? We'd never need to use it, right?

Dan C.
Belgium, WI