livingontheland - [Livingontheland] We'll Never Be Happy Consumers Again

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] We'll Never Be Happy Consumers Again
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:10:54 -0700

the link is mostly off topic but I had to send this bit:

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

-------------

"If this nation wants to survive without an intense political convulsion,
there's a lot we can do, but none of it is being voiced in any corner of
Washington at this time. We have to get off of petro-agriculture and grow
our food locally, at a smaller scale, with more people working on it and
fewer machines. This is an enormous project, which implies change in
everything from property allocation to farming methods to new social
relations. But if we don't focus on it right away, a lot of Americans will
end up starving, and rather soon."

from
We'll Never Be Happy Consumers Again -- No Stimulus Package Can Bring That
Back
By James Howard Kunstler, Kunstler.com. Posted February 10, 2009

http://www.alternet.org/workplace/126104/we%27ll_never_be_happy_consumers_ag
ain_--_no_stimulus_package_can_bring_that_back/

  • [Livingontheland] We'll Never Be Happy Consumers Again, Tradingpost, 02/10/2009