livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] As food costs soar, it's back to basics for meal planners

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] As food costs soar, it's back to basics for meal planners
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 8:14:10 -0400

We are seeing the same thing here in Colombia. Food prices are rising and
people are getting worried.

Moving here has been an enlightening experiance from the diatary point of
view. We eat mostly local traditional meals including lots of beans, stews
(sancocho), rice, potatoes, yuca, fruits, fish, milk, cooking bananas, salads
and other less familar foods. Much less meat and cheese than we did in the
states.

I have not weighed myself since we arrived in January but I've gone from a
size 40 to a size 36 with no pain or strain, all heatly, gradual weight loss.
We eat a realitively good diet in the States but with too much fat.

We are thinking about offering weith loss tours :-)

Phil
Medellin, Colombia