livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] soil and water crisis

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] soil and water crisis
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 19:57:23 -0400

At 04:28 PM 5/9/2008, you wrote:
As a side note to the issues discussed, I have a partial solution, one that worked in the past and with our better knowledge can work even better. Stop flushing our

You may be preaching to the choir to suggest that to this group. I'll bet some proportion of us is already using sawdust toilets or some version of them.

have a solution for cities, since I do not think they are sustainable. On an individual basis you could construct composting toilets and use the compost after it has aged a year or two on food producing plants or again create a 2 stage use of the compost like on the farm, but on a smaller scale. I live in the best of both worlds, a

After that, stop using toilet paper and use washable cloth wipes instead. Also known as "family cloth." Betcha I can get EEW and ICK out of that suggestion!  Google it if you don't believe me. And then anyone who has a serious question about it is welcome to ask.

 Any comments are welcome. EEW and ICK are not comments.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com