livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Seed Availability/

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "bruce smith" <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Seed Availability/
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:43:57 -0400

Comstock is really not doing well either, or should I say their store in Old Wethersfield, CT? we buy our peas and onion sets there..  Also love to visit there around June to buy plants..When we where there last week their shelves were pretty bare..

 Comstock, Ferre & Co.claims to be the oldest continuously operating seed house in the U.S. since 1820. http://www.comstockferre.com/ .  See History of the American Seed and Nursery Industry, Bibliography http://www.sil.si.edu/SILPublications/seeds/bibseednur.html . Quite a tour.

--
Bruce Smith

A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. ~Author Unknown