livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Seed Availability/

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Seed Availability/
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 08:12:30 -0700

>Fedco and and couple of other small seed companies have their own growers,
>but that market doesn't begin to compete with Monsanto and DuPont.

The organic farmer I mentioned in the previous posting is a grower for Seeds of Change.  If you recently received some asparagrass starts from SoC then I may have helped ship them.

>It isn't as widely known that Monsanto just acquired De Ruiter Seeds, a Dutch
>company that sells widely across Europe--here is their press release:

I recently read a posting on which seed company is independent and which is now part of a large corporation.  It may have been Sharon's blog but I cannot find it now.