livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Coming up roses? Not any more as UK gardeners turn to vegetables

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TamesonOB" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Coming up roses? Not any more as UK gardeners turn to vegetables
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:51:04 -0400

I know it. I love Antony John. He tends to row crop with tractors though - still, I watch him every time I can catch him.

Alice is a bit too froo froo for many people to take notice - that is until she started the edible school yard. There is an interview with her in the current edition of the herb companion and they asked her what she had in her garden. Disappointingly she only has a small patch of herbs though a friend of hers uses the plot to grow greens. She's certainly not going to win me over like that. Her school program is fantabulous however, so I'll give credit where it's due.

Don't keep me from my boys though - I DVR Jamie every saturday morning and Antony and I are midnight friends (why do they air him so late?) Maybe I should DVR him to and save the trouble of staying up.

Tameson

----- Original Message ----- From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
Jamie's not the only chef pushing fresh and local. The Manic Organic in
Canada is another, the "man out-standing in his field" ;-)