livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Coming up roses? Not any more as UK gardeners turn to vegetables

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TamesonOB" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Coming up roses? Not any more as UK gardeners turn to vegetables
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:39:57 -0400

I've seen Jamie Oliver's new show and you know I am not one bit surprised it's stirred up excitement for allotments. Who wouldn't want a garden like his? it's magnificent even in the middle of winter (last week's episode). Also he uses a lot of veg that you can't get at the grocery store (or at least I can't) and I have a list of "Jamie's ingredients" to grow so I can try some of his recipes. BTW the guardian is on year 2 of it's own organic allotment experience. Their blog is an interesting read even if it does incite envy in me as their season is so far ahead of mine.

Tameson in NH