livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Interesting blog

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Aliza" <realfood@wonderfulfarm.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Interesting blog
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:06:38 -0700

In our state you can butcher up to 20,000 (I think thats the number) birds a year without USDA certification. same with bunnies. You sell the animal live and give the butchering as a gift and it is legal.

One of the weird things is that you can have the farm truck come and harvest your buffalo and bring it to a USDA plant but not cattle. This makes absolutely no sense to me. The buffalo guy has a distinct advantage because he doesnt have to truck his stock to the USDA plant. dont you just wonder about the rules sometimes.

aliza
----- Original Message ----- From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>