livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Surging costs of groceries hit home

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Surging costs of groceries hit home
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:14:27 -0600

I'm sure it could be a boon the the small producers IF they learn to cut
input costs and cut out the middleman. I've suggested several approaches
combining methods from Jeavons, J.I. Rodale, Eliot Coleman and others. And
of course I'm doing these things myself or I wouldn't even mention it.

er... how much time DO you spend in convenience stores? BTW today we spied
on a new China-Mart in town and we were stunned at the prices. WAY UP.

On another personal note, I rarely eat any kind of bread but eat potatoes
fixed various ways, all delicious. Bread is going up, but potatoes hardly.
And we're about to plant some fingerlings that don't even need peeling.
They'll bring three times the regular potato price at market.